Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Melacca

We're in Melacca in Malaysia now after a couple of nights in Singapore. Singapore is the most expensive place in the world - your money just vanishes. I've had one of the worst colds I've had in years. I have not been so snotty and bunged up in my head for a long time. It sounds like loads of other teachers have had the same - it's typical we all come down with it in our holidays!

Melacca is very pretty. We did the walking tour round the old city today. It is all decorated for the Chinese New Year celebrations this weekend just gone. It's now the year of the ox! We've found some nice little cafes on the canal and have been resting up - reading our books and sleping (me a lot of sleeping!). Our hotel is lovely and comfortable. Over the next few days we plan to go to the beach nearby, go on a canal boat and do some more walking. I will try to take some more pictures but I stupidly forgot to pack my chrager so am not sure how long my camera will last.

No comments: