Sunday, April 11, 2010

Railay







We are in Railay now. After arriving on the big boat, we were transfered into a little long boat and had to jump off into the sea with our suitcases as we got to the cove. It's part of the mainland but is hidden in a little cove. I think the guide book is right - it is definitely the most beautiful, unspoilt area of Thailand that I have seen. It is very relaxed with lots of nice little restaurants along the most amazing beach. The sand is so soft and yellow and the sea is a lovely 30C. It's still a bit too hot for me - as always but I am embracing the sweatiness and enjoying relaxing. I had a lovely massage this afternoon after sitting on the beach in the morning. If you look carefully at the picture of the monkey there is a little baby to the right. There was a whole big family of them playing in the trees on the way to the beach - very cute!

No comments: